30 minute lessons are primarily for beginning guitar students, and are designed to build basic musical skills, with a focus on reading music and technique. Lessons are paced so that the student can demonstrate mastery of the previous week’s material while allowing for the introduction of new material. In addition, part of the lesson is devoted to what I call “real world playing skills”, skills that all guitarists need to know like, playing chords, learning songs, accompaniment for different styles, reading lead sheets, improvisation, etc… Cost: $80 for 4, 30 minute lessons per month.
60 minute lessons are primarily for intermediate to advanced students, and allow for a greater focus on reading music, technique, music theory, scales, arpeggios, and Jazz improvisation as it applies to the guitar. Lessons are paced so that the student can demonstrate mastery of the previous week’s material while allowing for the introduction of new material. In the 60 minute lesson more time is devoted to “real world playing skills”, skills that all guitarists need to know like, learning songs, accompaniment for different styles, reading lead sheets, improvisation, arranging, composition, etc…With the extended time, more in depth discussions and demonstrations of musical concepts can occur. Cost: $120 for 4, 60 minute lessons per month
– All payments are due at the first lesson of every month, and students must be paid in full for the entire month, in order to keep their lesson time. Check or cash payments are accepted.
– Any returned checks must be repaid immediately in cash, plus the cost of any bank fees incurred by the instructor. If more than one NSF checks is received for payment, then all fees must be paid in cash for a minimum of two months.
2. Make-ups and Scheduling:
– Lessons are once a week on a day and time scheduled in advance. Lessons are a standing appointment on the same day and time every week in order to provide consistency and efficiency for all parties.
– There will be no make-ups for student missed lessons with less than 24 hours notice. If proper notification is given, then the student has one week from the date of the missed lesson to schedule a make-up. Only one make-up time will be scheduled, no credit will given if a student misses a make-up lesson.
– If the instructor has to miss a lesson, a make-up will be scheduled. If a make-up time cannot be agreed upon then a credit will be given for the cost of the lesson.
– If your schedule begins to conflict with lessons, you may request a change in day/time. If you wait to request a change and miss lessons in the process, you MUST pay for those missed lessons.
– The monthly fee guarantees the student four lessons per month. If there is a month with five weeks in it then there will be no lesson on that fifth week. (For example, if there are five Mondays in the month of July, then there will be no lesson on that fifth Monday).
3. Student and Parent Expectations:
– Students must have their materials at every lesson, this includes their instrument, picks, cables, straps, strings, method book(s), and any other materials given to the student by the instructor.
– Students are expected to practice and be at every lesson with assignments completed.
– Students are expected to behave in an honest and respectful manner at all times.
– Students are expected to be on time to each lesson. If a student is late for whatever reason, their lesson will end at the regular time.